Choose a topic thats is suitable to you or modify an existing one. Please feel free to suggest other topics
- What is the optimum angle to throw a ___________ to achieve the maximum distance?
- What effect does the run up speed have on the distance covered in a
- Long jump
- Tripple jump
- Does the location of a store affect the prices that are charged?
- How does the amount of weight carried by an athlete affect their speed over a 50m distance?
- What is the cost incurred if a facuet/pipe is left dripping for a year?
- What is the optimum range for scoring goals on a
- Netball court
- football field
- basketball court
- Does the height of the shooter affect the percentage of goals scored in a netball match?
- Is the penalty spot the best place to shoot a penalty from on the football field?
- Does the size of the ball used affect the number of goals scored in a netball match? [hint: try using a netball, football or volleyball to shoot goals and compare the results]
- Do drink companies give as much as they say they are? Here do a survey of different brands of juice, measure the volume in each box and compare with the number printed on the carton; a variant of this question could include measuring mass of various products.
- How are the winnings in a game affected if you use a biased die compared to a fair die? [die is same as dice here]
- Using the same cyclist is a BMX faster than a mountain bike over 100m?
- Is typing faster than writing?
- What is the effect of the run-up speed on the bowling of a cricket ball?
- How does the type of ball used affect the distance traveled when a cricket ball is hit?
- What is the safest angle to mount a ladder against a wall?
- Does running a curve take longer than running the same distance on a straight?
- What effect does speed have on the distance gained in a vertical jump/high jump?
- How long on average does it take a student to travel to " Place"? Place could be your school. This could be done in the form of a survey and can generate rich data and statical analysis.
- How well do students in my class measure up against each other? here you could investigate the heights of students in your class or their mass etc
- How long on average does it take to be served in the Tuck shop line at your school? This can be done in the form of a survey as well
- what type of lunches should be sold at school X's canteen in order to maximize student patronage? [Survey]
- How much money do students spend on a daily basis? [survey]
- What is the preferred type of vehicle used for public transportation in my community? [Survey]
- An investigation into the growth of "X type of seedlings" over a "X time period"
- Do students of form X spend more time on social media than on studying? [survey]